Wednesday 9 October 2013

                      TRY THIS: IDEA JOURNALS

Get organized with idea journals for every category in your life! DIY (click though for DIY details!)

I'm not sure why, but Autumn often brings a bit of an organization bug my way. It's probably some sort of weird instinct to get my home in order, because I know I'll be spending more time indoors during the winter. Last year I made this house journal to keep all my ideas organized for our new home. This year, I wanted to create something similar, but with separate books for crafty ideas, decor ideas and recipe inspirations. 
I found some awesome cork journals at Michael's recently and though it would be cute to label each one with a simple graphic symbol to represent each topic
Step 1
To create my simple prints, I used contact paper. I cut each design from the center of each piece, and adhered the detail pieces within the open area.
Step 2
To paint the shape, use a sponge rather than a brush. This will help reduce paint bleed. Allow it to dry completely before ripping off the contact paper. It's that easy!
Get organized with idea journals for every category in your life! DIY (click though for DIY details!)
Here's a look at the inside of my journal. It might be geeky, but I doodled fun title pages for my books the other night while watching TV shows. :)
Get organized with idea journals for every category in your life! DIY (click though for DIY details!)
'm looking forward to filling each of my little journals with ideas for the winter season. It's so helpful when planning blog posts to have these journals to flip through and pull ideas and inspiration! Normally, my books are a big jumble of home, food, random and personal ideas. I'm hopeful that dividing them up will keep things be a little less crazy—but still plenty crazy. I'd never want to be completely crazy-free—that's just crazy... never mind. 
Do you guys get an organization itch this time of year? If so please spill all the geeky details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment